This is a very exciting post for me. I am delighted to say that my fellow blogger over at Post IVF World has nominate me for a Blogger Recognition Award – which is not only incredibly kind, but also very humbling.
Firstly, there are some rules that I need to follow:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
I think the reason I started my blog was because I felt I wanted to bring awareness to infertility and I loved to write. Combine the two and you have a blog. I knew that other women and couples went through infertility, I just didn’t know who they were or where they were and I considered that if I felt this way, then I imagined lots of others felt this way too. I wanted to tell people about the treatment and the process, just to get a bit of understanding into our journey and to get some support. Writing has always been something I’ve enjoyed. I find it far easier to say what I want to say by writing it down, than trying to verbally find the words. I can sit down at my notebook and the words just seem to flow out…whether they’re any good or not, or make any sense – is for someone else to judge!!
Having only been writing a blog now for six months, giving out advice for new bloggers is hard, but I have learnt a couple of things:
- Just write. I know that sounds simple, but its easy to get overwhelmed and over think things, get caught up in what you ‘should’ say or what you think you ‘should’ write a post on. I say, forget all that – just write. I once read that the first draft is for you, the second draft is for your reader – so that’s how I work it. I write down what I want to say without restraint and the go back over it and make it into the blog post.
- Write what you’re passionate about. Again, this is said often but only since doing the blog have I really understood it. I can churn out posts about infertility, writing, mental health etc. But ask me to write a post about make up, or the latest fashion in jeans and I would be totally lost – no idea where to start or what to say. Write about a subject that interests you, that you have experience of and that you want to talk about.
I would now like to nominate some fellow bloggers for the award. All of whom I regularly read their blogs and keep up with their stories. They are all incredible bloggers and their stories deserve to be heard and shared.
and although they’ve obviously already had a nomination, I would still nominate Post IVF World ! 🙂
Apologies to anyone who has already been nominated and I’ve not noticed! I hope some of you manage to write your own post about this.
Finally, tonight my guest post has gone live on Girls Who Blog. This is such an achievement for me and I’m so excited by it!! Go check it out at Girls Who Blog.